Here are the blog posts that you hit on most this year. Thanks for supporting the blog, and always, there will be more content next year !
- ORA-14758: Last partition … cannot be dropped
- EXCHANGE PARTITION those pesky columns
- Pluggable database and restricted sessions
- Active and Inactive Sessions
- 12c install on Windows
- Problematic SQL ? PL/SQL is your friend.
- Compressed partitions are not compressed tables
- Cross-platform database migration
- BULK COLLECT into nested table
- Sharing a tablespace between 2 databases
I have a question about the DYNAMIC SQL PIVOT.
I want to use the following procedure of ANTON’s, but need to pass bind variable in run time like following.
select * from table( pivot( ‘select col1, col2, col3 from tab1 join tab2 on tab1.id = tab2.id where tab1.col4 = :param1 and tab2.col5 = 0’));
Can you please help?
Just one idea, that maybe could work for you:
Maybe you can define a context, containing the values of your bind variables, and then replace
the bind variables reference by SYS_CONTEXT calls, with fix context variable names
in the query that you pass to the PIVOT function.